Amador Enrollment Guidelines
Required reading as you are agreeing to the following when you enroll in the Amador County 4-H Program.
- Enroll as soon as you can after July 1st. Members enrolled in 4-H for the 2015/2016 program year will be covered by 4-H insurance until December 31, 2016 (Enrollment deadlines to be eligible for fair are October 17, 2016 for returning members and December 1, 2016 for new members.)
- You will not be officially enrolled in 4-H for the 2016/2017 program year until we have received your program fees and confirm your enrollment. It might take two weeks or longer for your enrollment to be confirmed.
- 4-H Frequently Asked Questions
- 4-H Code of Conduct for Youth and Adults.
- 4-H Requirements to Participate in the County Fair
- Youth Membership Definitions:
- Youth are eligible to participate in 4-H as primary members if they are 5 years old or in kindergarten as of December 31st of the program year.
- If they are 9 years old or in the fourth grade by December 31st of the program year, they can enroll as regular members.
- Please note that if youth are home schooled, the grade criterion does not apply.
- Youth remain eligible for membership until December 31st of the year in which they turn 19 years old.
- Adult Members:
- An individual must be 18 years or older to become a 4-H Adult Volunteer.
- A Volunteer cannot simultaneously be a 4-H member. Depending upon the roles and responsibilities of a volunteer position, additional age restrictions can be applied.
- Adults cannot apply for Volunteer membership until they have been fingerprinted (via Live Scan), cleared, and complete our Volunteer Leader training process. If you were not an Adult Volunteer last program year, but were in years past, you have to be refingerprinted to be an Adult Volunteer this year and take the Volunteer Leader training. Download Amador 4-H Live Scan Form. For more information see our Volunteering in 4-H webpage.
- Youth - $40
- Adult - $15
- Diggings Newsletter - $10 (to receive through US Postal Service)
- California 4-Y Policies on Health & Safety.
- Already Enrolled intheOnline System:
If you have questions regarding the 4-H On-Line Enrollment System please call the your county's Cooperative Extension's 4-H Office. No internet access: If you or someone you know does not have access to the internet, your local Amador County library should have computers set up to the network that you may use.
If you haven't already gone through the Online Enrollment Process Begin here to start the process.