El Dorado Enrollment Guidelines
Required reading as you are agreeing to the following when you enroll in the El Dorado County 4-H Program.
- Enroll as soon as you can after July 5th. Members enrolled in 4-H for the 2017/2018 program year will be covered by 4-H insurance until December 31, 2018. (Enrollment deadlines to be eligible for fair are October 15, 2017 for returning members and December 1, 2017 for new members.)
- You will not be officially enrolled in 4-H for the 2017/2018 program year until we have received your program fees and confirm your enrollment. It might take two weeks or longer for your enrollment to be confirmed.
- 4-H Frequently Asked Questions
- 4-H Code of Conduct for Member Code of Conduct and Adult Volunteer Code of Conduct.
- 4-H Requirements to Participate in the County Fair
- Youth Membership Definitions:
- Youth are eligible to participate in 4-H as primary members if they are 5 years old as of December 31st of the program year.
- If they are 9 years old by December 31st of the program year, they can enroll as regular members.
- Youth remain eligible for membership until December 31st of the year in which they turn 19 years old.
- Adult Members:
- An individual must be 18 years or older to become a 4-H Adult Volunteer.
- A Volunteer cannot simultaneously be a 4-H member. Depending upon the roles and responsibilities of a volunteer position, additional age restrictions can be applied.
- Adults cannot apply for Volunteer membership until they have been fingerprinted (via Live Scan), cleared, and complete our Volunteer Leader training process. If you were not an Adult Volunteer last program year, but were in years past, you have to be re-fingerprinted to be an Adult Volunteer this year and take the Volunteer Leader training. Download El Dorado 4-H Live Scan Form. For more information see our Volunteering in 4-H webpage.
- California 4-Y Policies on Health & Safety.
If you have questions regarding the 4-H On-Line Enrollment System please call the your county's Cooperative Extension's 4-H Office. No internet access: If you or someone you know does not have access to the internet, your should have computers set up to the network that you may use.