Central Sierra
University of California
Central Sierra

Volunteering in 4-H

How do I become an Adult Volunteer in 4-H

4-H enrollment begins July 1 each program year and is conducted by the 4-H office in each county.

Important: Adults must re-enroll each 4-H Program year to remain active. A break in service requires member to begin the enrollment process as a new volunteer.

Adults are eligible to apply to be a 4-H Volunteer at 18 years or older, but cannot overlap if they are enrolled as a youth member.

Chaperones must be 21 years of age or older.

Current Volunteers need to re-enroll and turn in the necessary forms and fees each year to stay current. Click here to ENROLL NOW. (If volunteers fail to enroll for a year they will need to re-fingerprint and go through the orientation process when re-enrolling. So volunteers are encouraged to enroll and pay the fee if they are only planning on taking a year off.)

New Volunteers need to complete this process:

  1. Complete the enrollment process, ENROLL NOW, and turn in the forms and fees.
  2. Attend the Volunteer Leader Orientation - Your local 4-H Program Representative will contact you to schedule an orientation date. At your orientation you will Complete the 4-H Adult Volunteer Confirmation Form.
  3. Receive fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice -  Each entity requesting your fingerprints has their own reporting number, this is why you must fingerprint for any organization when working with children. 

4-H Wants You!

We are currently seeking volunteers to donate 2-3 hours a month helping youth explore their spark and passion. Being a 4-H volunteer is a rewarding experience for both the adult and the youth. Initial commitment is a few hours of training about learning styles and teaching techniques, fingerprinting, and an annual enrollment fee ($15 for 2016/17). (continue reading...)

Webmaster Email: cecentralsierra@ucdavis.edu