Apple & Pear Production
- Fungicide Control of Apple scab - 2007 Results 2007 trial results of several fungicides to control apple scab.
- Controlling Codling Moth Today - Creating a Strategy for the FutureCreate a strategy. This will help you understand the codling moth cycle!
- Determining Codling Moth Sex & Mating Status By Lynn Wunderlich, Farm Advisor, University of California Cooperative Extension, El Dorado and Amador Counties.
Pictures to help you determine the sex of codling moths.
- Field Evaluation of Reduced-Risk Insecticides for Codling Moth Control in Apples: Does adding virus help?Research results on an evaluation of 2 reduced-risk insecticides for season long codling moth control compared to grower standards in a commercial apple orchard under mating disruption.
- IPM Pest Management Guidelines for Apples, Pears, and more... Information about managing pests, including University of California's official guidelines for monitoring pests and using pesticides and nonpesticide alternatives for managing insect, mite, nematode, weed, and disease pests.
Agriculture & Natural Resources Publications
The following Agriculture and Natural Resources publications are available at the U.C. Cooperative Extension office in Placerville at 311 Fair Lane, or click on the image to order on-line.