Small Farms Information
Starting a Farm
- Beginning Farmer, ATTRA website
- Beginning Farming Academy, UCCE Placer/Nevada County webpage.
- Developing a Farm Map, ANR Publication #8062
- Farm Management, UC Small Farms webpage
- Marketing & Risk Management, ATTRA website
- Tax Guide: For owners and operators of small and medium sized farms.
- What's in a Name?
Soil & Water Management
- CCOF Certified Organic website
- Organic Certification, Farm Planning, Management & Marketing, ANR Publication #7247
- Organic Farming, ATTRA website
Soil and Water Management
Farming in the Foothills
Please complete this short survey regarding irrigation water shutoffs due to the October Public Safety Power Shutoffs: http://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=28715
Over the weekend, much of the Sierra foothills was impacted by another PG&E Public Safety Power Shutoff (or PSPS, as the company calls it). This time, the advertised windstorm actually materialized - and while shutting off the electrical grid...
Small Farms News
On June 13, the Small Farm Program partnered with UCCE Small Farm Advisor Margaret Lloyd to conduct a tour of wholesale produce markets for Sacramento region farmers. During the bus ride from Woodland to San Francisco, I described the packaging and...
UC Cooperative Extension will hold workshops in Temecula Feb. 1 and 2 to help California agricultural employers facing many challenges including labor shortages, wage & hour laws, joint liability, worker safety, workers comp insurance, and...
Small Farm Feed
Pruning is critical for the management of blueberry plants. It helps with the growth and development of younger plants and is needed to create a structure that will maximize vigor and productivity, minimize insect and disease problems, and help maintain...