UCCE Master Gardener Training Orientation Meeting
Date: October 19, 2017
Time: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Contact: UCCE Master Gardeners 209-533-5912
Sponsor: UCCE Master Gardeners of Tuolumne County
Location: Tuolumne County Senior Center
The University of California Cooperative Extension (UCCE) invites adults interested in helping others learn about gardening and landscaping to apply to train as a Master Gardener volunteer. UCCE Master Gardener volunteers learn University-based scientific information and then share that knowledge with the gardening community. Master Gardener volunteers are people of all ages and from all walks of life with a common desire to help others learn about gardening and landscaping.
There is a training fee of $185 to cover costs for textbooks, reference books, class handouts and hands-on material. Class instruction, demonstrations and hands-on activities are free to those who commit to the volunteer obligation. Business owners, commercial landscape contractors, and individuals are welcome to complete the training, without volunteer obligation, for $350.
Who Can Apply?
- Any resident of Tuolumne or Calaveras County. Most communication will be by email and through websites. You do not need internet access to be a Master Gardener, but you do need to be comfortable using a computer for research while working in the Master Gardener Office. Anyone interested in becoming a Master Gardener should attend the Orientation to learn about the Master Gardener Program and the volunteer requirements.
How to Apply - 2018 training will be held in Tuolumne County.
- Attend our Master Gardener orientation meeting to learn about the Master Gardener Program, our community involvement, and your participation requirements. The Orientation Meeting: RSVP
- When: Thursday, October 19 at 3:00 p.m.
- Where: Tuolumne County Senior Center, 540 Greenley Road in Sonora, CA.
- Complete and submit the online application (opening up soon) - due Sunday, November 19, 2017.