Farm to School & School Gardening
Motherlode Farm to School Network
As we celebrate national Farm to School month in October, a big shout out goes to the newly formed Motherlode Farm to School Network! The regional network is working to bring together stakeholders from El Dorado, Amador, Nevada, Placer, Calaveras and Tuolumne counties who want to see a region where all schools teach about and provide access to healthy, locally grown food, creating future generations of healthy children and economically vibrant farms
Periodic gatherings, trainings, and quarterly newsletters will help us in:
- Sharing successes and existing programs in each county
- Identifying roadblocks, challenges and opportunities in procuring local food for school meal programs
- School garden, culinary arts and nutrition education programs
- Access to fresh, healthy food for all - improving student and family access to nutrition
- Building healthy communities through collaboration, creativity, and teamwork!
For more information about how you or your school can get involved, join the Mother Lode Farm to School Network: Mother Lode Farm to School Network Sign Up or contact network co-chairs Wendy West firstname.lastname@example.org or Kevin Hesser email@example.com.