Tree Mortality: Master Gardener Tool Kit
Replanting after bark beetle mortality at the neighborhood scale, Susie Kocher, Forestry advisor, UCCE Central Sierra. Video of Kocher's presentation on YouTube.
Bark beetles in California, Beverly Bulaon, Entomologist, USFS Stanislaus Forest
Forest succession after bark beetles in British Columbia, Jody Axelson, Forest Health Specialist, UCANR
Landscape trees & climate change - selection and management, Igor Lacan, Environmental Horticulture Advisor,UCCE San Mateo/San Francisco Bay area
Site Preparation, Replanting, and follow up – Seedling Program, Mark Egbert, District Manager, El Dorado and Georgetown RCD
Overview of CalFIRE Program, Mary Huggins, Forestry Assistance Specialist, CalFire
Resources for Tree Mortality
- Tree Mortality Task Force website - look under Reports and Deliverables for specific information.
- Ready for Wildfire Organizations: Bark Beetles and Dead Trees webpage
- Tree Mortality Viewer website
- Bark Beetles in California: Are Your Trees Susceptible?
- Bark Beetles, UC IPM, UC ANR Publication 7421
- California Forest Improvement Program (CFIP)
- California Forest Improvement Program Fact Sheet
- UCCE Central Sierra Master Gardeners - What to Plant After Tree Loss brochure