Yellow Starthistle Leading Edge Project
To follow along with the videos at the right, print off the Yellow Starthistle Biology, Mechanical and Cultural Control Methods presentation below.
- Yellow Starthistle Biology, Mechanical and Cultural Control Methods: by Wendy West, UC Cooperative Extension, El Dorado County January 23, 2010
- Yellow Starthistle Control: by Joe DiTomaso, Cooperative Extension Weed Specialist, University of California, Davis January 11, 2008
- Yellow Starthistle Control Utilizing Herbicides: by LeeAnne Mila, El Dorado County Department of Agriculture January 23, 2010
- Yellow Starthistle Control in Vineyards & Orchards: by Scott Oneto, UC Cooperative Extension Central Sierra January of 2010
Publications & Handouts
- Yellow Starthistle Pest Note
- Landowner Strategic Plan
- Milestone and Transline - How much should I use?
- How to get Transline or Milestone?
- Equipment Rentals - El Dorado County Department of Agriculture
- Starthistle Killer Brand Calibration Safety Notes
- Pesticides: Safe & Effective Use in the Home Landscape Pest Note
- Soil Solarization for Gardens & Landscapes Pest Note
- A Landowner's Guide to Preventing the Introduction and Spread of Invasive Weeds - El Dorado County Invasive Weed Management Group
- A Builder and Contractor's Guide to Preventing the Introduction and Spread of Invasive Weeds - El Dorado County Invasive Weed Management Group
- Selected Invasive Weeds of the Central Sierra Nevada - A Field Guide - 4th Edition April 2007