Oaks & Rangeland
Note: Some publications are saved as pdf documents. You will need Adobe Acrobat to view them. You can download the free software at www.adobe.com.
Please use Promo Code PRTUM55 if ordering online. This will insure that your funds stay within the UCCE Central Sierra.
- Guidelines for Residual Dry Matter Management, ANR Pub #8092
- Perennial Grasses Suitable for Foothill Rangelands
- Seeded Range Plants for California, ANR Pub 21344e
- Seeding Recommendations for Improving Annual Rangeland
OAK TREE AND HARDWOOD RANGELAND MANAGEMENT
- ANR Oaks Publications
- Burned Oaks: Which Ones Will Survive, ANR Pub 8445
- Disturbance Around Oaks
- Guidelines for Managing California's Hardwood Rangelands, ANR Pub 3368
- How to Grow California Oaks, UC Oak Woodland Management
- Living Among the Oaks, ANR Pub 21538
- Monitoring Oak Woodland Canopy Change
- Oaks in the Urban Landscape, ANR Pub 3518
- Oak Management by County Jurisdictions in the Central Sierra Nevada, CA
- Oak Root Fungus
- Rangeland Management Series: Annual Range Forage Production, ANR Pub Series
- Regenerating Rangeland Oaks in California, ANR Pub 21601e
- Weed and Vegetation Management in the Sierra Foothills Brochure
County Oak Management Plans
There are many ordinances and plans in place through out our area to protect our great oaks. Click on a link below to learn more.
Amador County Oak Tree Retention/Replacement Provisions
Amador County's Oak Tree Retention/Replacement Provisions protect oak trees from being prematurely.
Calaveras County's Voluntary Oak Management Plan
The Calaveras County's Voluntary Oak Management Plan was adopted by the Board of Supervisors on February 13, 2007. The goal of the plan is to encourage and support voluntary, long-term stewardship and conservation practices in the management of oak woodlands and their habitat within Calaveras County.
El Dorado County's Oak Woodland Management Plan
The El Dorado County's Oak Woodland Management Plan was adopted by Board of Supervisors on May 6, 2008. These provisions establish an Oak Conservation In-Lieu Fee for the purchase of conservation easements for oak woodland in areas identified as Priority Conservation Areas.
Tuolumne County Oak Tree Retention/Replacement Provisions
Tuolumne County's Oak Tree Retention/Replacement Provisions protect oak trees from being prematurely.
- California Rangeland website - Estimating the Cost of Replacing Forage Losses on California Annual Rangeland.
- Oak Woodland Management - Dedicated to the conservation of California's 10 million acres of oak woodlands.Program develops research information and conducts educational programs on the stewardship of hardwood rangelands.
- The California Oak Mortality Task Force -Sudden Oak Death - The task force is a non-profit organization that focuses on the effects of Phytophthora ramorum, the organism that causes Sudden Oak Death.