Living with Fire in the Lake Tahoe Basin
The purpose of the Living With Fire in the Tahoe Basin program is to provide homeowners with wildfire threat reduction recommendations developed by Nevada and Lake Tahoe's firefighting experts. This program also provides suggestions about what to do during and after a fire. The Tahoe Basin Living with Fire program is a collaboration of the University of Nevada and University of California Cooperative Extensions.
In 2013, Wildfire Awareness Week will be held May 25th to June 2nd. The theme this year is “Get Defensive: Reduce the Fuels - Reduce the Risk.” 2013 Lake Tahoe Wildfire Awareness Week Flyer. For information on events - go to http://livingwithfire.info/tahoe/.
- May 26th to June 3rd 2012, Lake Tahoe Basin Wildfire Awareness Week which included the Fire Adapted Communities webinar series. For details, please see Lake Tahoe Basin Wildfire Awareness Week 2012 Summary Report final.
- May 28th - June 5th, 2011. Please see the Lake Tahoe Basin Wildfire Awareness Week 2011 Summary Report for more information.
- July 3rd to 11th, 2010. Please see the Lake Tahoe Basin Wildfire Awareness Week 2010 Summary Report final for more information.
- June 24th, 2011 Lake Tahoe Basin Wildfire Summit and agenda/powerpoint presentations.
- July 9th, 2010 Lake Tahoe Basin Wildfire Summit. For more information, see the 2010 Lake Tahoe Wildfire Summit Impact Report.
For specifics on creating defensible space in Tahoe, download the free publication: Living with Fire a Guide for the Homeowner - Lake Tahoe 2nd edition.
- Living with Fire, find out more about how to create defensible space, participate in defensible rebate program and what’s going on with reducing fire risk at Lake Tahoe.
- Tahoe Fire & Fuels Team, site gives information on the Tahoe Fire and Fuels Team. The team includes local fire agencies and state and federal land managers working together to reduce forest fuels in the Lake Tahoe basin.
For more information about the Lake Tahoe Living with Fire program, contact Susie Kocher, firstname.lastname@example.org, 530-542-2571.