Become a UCCE Master Food Preserver Volunteer
Master Food Preserver Program Benefits
- Contribute to your community. Every year UCCE Master Food Preserver volunteers contribute several thousand hours of educational service helping keep our community safe and healthy.
- Enjoy working together with a great group of food enthusiasts.
- Gain excellent knowledge about preserving fresh produce.
Master Food Preserver Training
UCCE Master Food Preserver volunteers receive an intensive 2½ month training program in home food preservation. Instruction provides practical courses in the following topics
- Food safety
- Boiling water and atmospheric steam canning
- Pressure canning
- Canning jams & jellies
- Pickling and fermenting
- Dehydrating fruits and vegetables
- Freezing foods
Classes meet weekly, with multiple hands-on labs to learn the food preservation techniques, with outside study in addition to class time. Weekly quizzes and a final examination prepares the trainees to begin their first year of volunteer service.
UCCE Master Food Preserver Volunteer Training
El Dorado County
Saturdays, February 27 - May 21, 2016
Learn More About the Next Master Food Preserver Training
Enter your contact information on our Master Food Preserver Program Training Interest form and we will notify you when the application process is beginning for the next training in your area.