2017 UCCE Master Food Preserver Training - El Dorado
UCCE Master Food Preservers of El Dorado County
2017 Training Information Meetings
Date: Thursday, January 5, 2017
Time: 10:00 to 11:00 a.m.
Location: UCCE Office, 311 Fair Lane, Placerville, Ca.
Who Can Apply
- Priority given to El Dorado County residents. If space allows, neighboring county residents may be accepted.
- Attend our training information meeting to learn about the Master Food Preserver Program and our volunteer training on Thursday, January 5, 2017 from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. at the UCCE Office, 311 Fair Lane in Placerville.
- Applicants must be comfortable using a computer and accessing the internet. Quizzes and homework are online; class communication is via email.
How to Apply
- The application process has closed.
- Applications due by Sunday, January 8, 2017.
What We’ll Do
- Review applicants. Main criteria for acceptance: 1) prior community service, 2) experience teaching, either by giving presentations, writing, or in one-to-one situations, 3) experience/interest in home food preservation.
- Conduct interviews the week of January 9, 2017.
- Request a background check, including fingerprinting.
- Teach you how to preserve food successfully using scientifically researched home processes.
- Teach you how to educate our community about safe home food preservation.
- Provide you with plenty of volunteer and continuing education opportunities.
What You’ll Do If Accepted
- Pay the course materials fee of $125 by January 31, 2017.
- Attend the 12 classes (all but one are the second Thursday and Saturday of each month, February through June - graduation is July13). Only one class may be missed and that class’ lesson and lab must be completed with a mentor.
- Complete the Live Scan fingerprinting process by February 9, 2017. See the Volunteering with UCCE webpage for instructions, downloading the form and completing the process. Use the form from the county you reside.
- Attend monthly Master Food Preserver business meetings on the fourth Tuesdays at 9:00 in Placerville as often as possible.
- Complete 50 volunteer hours your first year, then 25 volunteer and 12 continuing education hours each year thereafter.
- Take an annual food safety recertification test.
1/5/2017 Information Meeting
1/8 Applications Due
1/31 Payment Due
2/2 Class starts
2/9 Fingerprints Due
UCCE El Dorado County
311 Fair Lane
Placerville, CA 95667
Training Fee: $125
Max class size: 12