2018 UCCE Master Food Preservers of Amador/Calaveras Training
Who Can Apply
- Priority given to Amador and Calaveras county residents. If space allows, neighboring county residents may be accepted.
- Applicants must be comfortable using a computer and accessing the internet. Quizzes and homework are online; class communication is via email.
How to Apply
- Attend one of our training information meetings to learn about the Master Food Preserver Program and our volunteer training:
- Wednesday, November 29, 6:30 to 7:30 pm at the Amador County GSA Building, 12200B Airport Road, Jackson
- Saturday, January 6, 10 to 11 am at the Amador County GSA Building, 12200B Airport Road, Jackson
- Wednesday, January 10, 6:30 - 7:30 pm at the Calaveras County Senior Center, 956 Mountain Ranch Road, San Andreas
- Saturday, January 20, 10 to 11 am at the Calaveras County Senior Center, 956 Mountain Ranch Road, San Andreas
- RSVP online or by calling 530-621-5528 or email Robin at email@example.com.
- Complete and submit the online application by January 28, 2018.
What We’ll Do
- Review applicants. Main criteria for acceptance: 1) prior community service, 2) experience teaching, either by giving presentations, writing, or in one-on-one situations, 3) experience/interest in home food preservation.
- Request a DOJ Clearance, including fingerprinting.
- Teach you how to preserve food successfully using scientifically researched home processes.
- Teach you how to educate our community about safe home food preservation.
- Provide you with plenty of fun volunteer and continuing education opportunities.
What You’ll Do If Accepted
- Pay the $135 course fee by February 28, 2018.
- Attend the 10 classes. Only one class may be missed and must be completed outside of normal class time with a mentor.
- Complete the Live Scan fingerprinting process by March 21, 2018. See the Live Scan Process Webpage for instructions, downloading the form and completing the process.
- Attend monthly MFP business meetings on the first Mondays at 1:30 as often as possible. Meetings alternate between Jackson and San Andreas.
- Complete 50 volunteer hours your first year, then 25 volunteer and 12 continuing education hours each year thereafter.
- Pass an annual food safety reappointment test.
|11/29||Training Info Mtg|
|1/6||Training Info Mtg
|1/10||Training Info Mtg
|1/20||Training Info Mtg
|2/28||Class (Wed, 5-8)|
|3/3||Class (Sat, Davis)|
|3/21||Class (Wed, 5-8)|
|3/31||Class (Sat, 9-4)|
|4/18||Class (Wed, 5-8)|
|4/28||Class (Sat, 9-4)|
|5/16||Class (Wed, 5-8)|
|5/19||Class (Sat, 9-4)|
|6/13||Class (Wed, 5-8)|
|6/16||Class (Sat, 9-4)|
UCCE Amador County Office
12200-B Airport Road, Jackson
March 3 class location:
Training Fee: $135.00