2017 UCCE Master Food Preservers of Amador/Calaveras Training
Who Can Apply
- Priority given to Amador and Calaveras county residents. If space allows, neighboring county residents may be accepted.
- Attend one of our training information meetings to learn about the Master Food Preserver Program and our volunteer training:
- Friday, December 9, 12:15 to 1 pm
- Saturday, January 7, 10 to 11 am
- Friday, January 13, 10 to 11 am
- All meetings are at the UCCE office in Jackson in the Amador County GSA Building on Airport Road
- RSVP for either by calling 530-621-5528 or email Robin at
- Applicants must be comfortable using a computer and accessing the internet. Quizzes and homework are online; class communication is via email.
How to Apply
- The application process is closed.
- Application process ends January 16, 2017.
What We’ll Do
- Review applicants. Main criteria for acceptance: 1) prior community service, 2) experience teaching, either by giving presentations, writing, or in one-on-one situations, 3) experience/interest in home food preservation.
- Request a DOJ Clearance, including fingerprinting.
- Teach you how to preserve food successfully using scientifically researched home processes.
- Teach you how to educate our community about safe home food preservation.
- Provide you with plenty of fun volunteer and continuing education opportunities.
What You’ll Do If Accepted
- Pay the $135 course fee by February 3, 2017.
- Attend the 8 classes. Only one class may be missed and must be completed outside of normal class time with a mentor.
- Complete the Live Scan fingerprinting process by February 9, 2017. See the Live Scan Process Webpage for instructions, downloading the form and completing the process.
- Attend monthly MFP business meetings on the first Mondays at 1:30 as often as possible. Meetings alternate between Jackson and San Andreas.
- Complete 50 volunteer hours your first year, then 25 volunteer and 12 continuing education hours each year thereafter.
- Pass an annual food safety reappointment test.
|12/9||Training Info Mtg|
|1/7||Training Info Mtg|
|1/13||Training Info Mtg|
|5/5||Class & Celebration|
UCCE Amador County Office
12200-B Airport Road, Jackson
February 9 class location:
UCCE El Dorado County Office
311 Fair Lane, Placerville
Training Fee: $135.00