2019 UCCE Master Food Preserver Training - El Dorado
Who Can Apply
- Residents of El Dorado County.
- Applicants must be available to attend 11 classes beginning Thursday, January 31 followed by 2 classes per month, February through June. (Check dates to the right.)
- Applicants must be comfortable using a computer and accessing the internet. Quizzes and homework are online; class communication is via email.
How to Apply
- Attend one of our program overview meetings to learn about the UCCE Master Food Preserver Program, our community involvement, volunteer participation requirements and training. Meeting dates and locations:
- October 18, 12:30 to 1:30, Cameron Park Library, 2500 Country Club Drive, Cameron Park
- November 1, 12:30 to 1:30, El Dorado Hills Library, 7455 Silva Valley Parkway, El Dorado Hills
- November 15, 12:00 to 1:00, Bethell-Delfino Agriculture Building, 311 Fair Lane, Placerville
- RSVP with Robin Cleveland at 530-621-5528 or email@example.com or online at http://ucanr.edu/mfp-infomtg-rsvp.
- Applications are due December 16, 2018.
What We’ll Do
- Review applicants. Main criteria for acceptance: 1) prior community service, 2) experience teaching, either by giving presentations, writing, or in one-to-one situations, 3) experience/interest in home food preservation.
- Conduct interviews the week of - date to be announced.
- Request a DOJ background check, including fingerprinting.
- Teach you how to preserve food successfully using scientifically researched home processes.
- Teach you how to educate our community about safe home food preservation.
- Provide you with plenty of volunteer and continuing education opportunities.
What You’ll Do If Accepted
- Pay the course materials fee of $135 by January 31, 2019.
- Attend the 11 classes (Thursday, January 31 and the Thursday before the second Saturday and the second Saturday of each month, February through June). Only one class may be missed and must be completed with a mentor.
- Complete the Live Scan fingerprinting process by March 7, 2019. You will receive more information if accepted.
- Attend monthly Master Food Preserver business meetings on the fourth Tuesdays at 9:00 in Placerville as often as possible.
- Complete 50 volunteer hours your first year, then 25 volunteer and 12 continuing education hours each year thereafter.
- Take an annual reappointment test.
12/16 Applications Due
1/31 Payment Due
3/7 Fingerprints Due
1/31 Classes start
UCCE El Dorado County
311 Fair Lane
Placerville, CA 95667
Training Fee: $135
Max class size: 9