Favorite Gardening Resources
Resources for California gardeners:
- Guidelines for Development Around Old Oaks
- Home Composting
- Native Plants for Oak Gardens
- Pest Note: Poison Oak
- Pest Note: Yellow Starthistle
- Pest Note: Gophers
- Pest Note: Voles
- Put Some Humm Into Your Garden - Gardening with Hummingbirds
- Vegetable Planting Dates
- Wood Ashes as a Garden Fertilizer
Here are some of our favorite gardening links:
- Have a garden pest or a stubborn weed?
- Home Orchard Care
- Lawn Care / Management
- Tips for Water Conservation
Below and to the right are some of our favorite UC ANR Publications. And, if you buy a publication at the UCCE office in your county or Master Gardener event, a percentage of the proceeds goes to support programs right your County.
- How to Save Water in Your Garden & Landscape, TUD
- Living with Oaks - ANR publications
- Natural Enemies Handbook - ANR Pub 3386H
- Pests of Landscape Trees and Shrubs - ANR Pub 3359
- Pests of the Garden and Small Farm - ANR Pub 3332
- Recognizing Tree Hazards: A Photographic Guide for Homeowners - ANR Pub 21584
- Wildlife Pest Control Around Gardens and Homes - ANR Pub 21385
And we have a wealth of free information as well, including:
There are several free downloadable publications and Pest Notes from the UC Statewide IPM Project. Invaluable information on everything from cliff swallows to yellow starthistle.
Home Landscaping for Fire - How to establish and maintain a "defensible space" around your home in areas that are susceptible to wildfire.
Master Gardener-Written Articles and Advice about Gardening (click on the link on the left side of this page)
Looking for more information? Try our online catalog. Enter promotion code PRTUM55 and you'll receive a 10% discount on your order. A portion of the sale will benefit local programs and help Cooperative Extension in your County.