UCCE Master Gardeners of Amador & El Dorado count
Edible Landscaping Workshop - January 26, 2013
Edible Landscaping Workshop
Hosted by the El Dorado County Master Gardeners
January 26, 2013
- Check-in: 8:30-9:00am
- Workshop: 9:00am-4:00pm (lunch provided)
- El Dorado Hills Fire Station #85, 1050 Wilson Blvd, El Dorado Hills, CA (at the intersection of Wilson Blvd & El Dorado Hills Blvd, north of Highway 50)
- $15 charge to cover a light breakfast, coffee, and a box lunch
- Register at http://ucanr.edu/edmg-reg
- Registration deadline is January 23, 2013
- Space is limited to 100 participants
Of late, for a number of reasons, there has been a tremendous increase in vegetable gardening among those living in both rural and urban areas. Many people want to grow their own food and not just in a vegetable garden. The Edible Landscape emphasizes growing fruits, vegetables, and herbs in the context of the ornamental home landscape. The process of creating an Edible Landscape is the same as one with purely ornamental features, but much more functional and sustainable substituting edible or fruit-bearing plants, where appropriate, for lawn, shrubs and trees.
Topics covered in this 7-hour workshop include an Introduction to Edible Landscaping, Planning & Design, Planting and Maintenance, and Harvesting, Storage and Food Safety.
Download the flyer and help spread the word about this exciting new workshop presented by the El Dorado County Master Gardeners!