Workshop Presentations & Handouts
Periodically the UC Cooperative Extension puts on workshops on Pond Management. Below are some presentations and handouts from past workshops.
Click on the desired link for viewing.
- Pond Ecology: by Fred Conte, UC Cooperative Extension Aquaculture Specialist
- Site Selection & Construction: Uses, Planning and Design: by Dave Krietemeyer, USDA NRCS Area III Engineer, Fresno
- Aquatic Weed Identification: by John Roncoroni, CE Weed Science Farm Advisor
- Aquatic Weed & Algae Control: by John Roncoroni, CE Weed Science Farm Advisor
Information & Resources:
- Aquaculturists/Fish Suppliers - California 2007
- Pond Glossary
- Barley Straw for Algae Control
- Pond Fertilization
- Phytoplankton and Recreation Ponds
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Aquatic Management Techniques
- Renovating Leaky Ponds
- Repairing Fish Pond Levees
- Fish Species Selection
- Fish Stocking Strategies
- Fish Management in Warm & Cold Water Ponds
- Guide to Watershed Project Permitting for the State of California
- Business Information for the Division of Water Rights
- Aquatic Plant Management
California Aquaculture - UC Davis: Learn how to improve and maintain your farm pond, select recreational fish species and control aquatic weeds at this University of California Davis website.
Would you like information about our workshops?
We offer workshops throughout the year on various subject matter such as, Pond Management, Invasive Weed Control, and Wildfire - Protecting Your Home, just to name a few. Please add your name to the Join our Mailing List on the top menu to receive information on our next workshop.