Small Farms Information
Starting a Farm
- Beginning Farmer, ATTRA website
- Beginning Farming Academy, UCCE Placer/Nevada County webpage.
- Developing a Farm Map, ANR Publication #8062
- Farm Management, UC Small Farms webpage
- Marketing & Risk Management, ATTRA website
- Tax Guide: For owners and operators of small and medium sized farms.
- What's in a Name?
Soil & Water Management
- CCOF Certified Organic website
- Organic Certification, Farm Planning, Management & Marketing, ANR Publication #7247
- Organic Farming, ATTRA website
Soil and Water Management
Farming in the Foothills
Who knows??? - Operational Continuity
The other day as I noticed the bright shoots of green from daffodil bulbs popping up from under the leaves, I was reminded of the silly little sprinklers lining the landscaped space near my family home. My grandpa had put in the great little...
Did You Miss the Farmer-to-Farmer Breakfast?
A room full of farmers came out on a rainy Wednesday morning to enjoy breakfast together. Our guest speaker, Domenic Fino of Golden Pacific Crop Insurance Services, came all the way from Dinuba, California. He is a farmer, with a family legacy...
Small Farms News
Exploring Bay Area Wholesale Market Options
On June 13, the Small Farm Program partnered with UCCE Small Farm Advisor Margaret Lloyd to conduct a tour of wholesale produce markets for Sacramento region farmers. During the bus ride from Woodland to San Francisco, I described the packaging and...
Ag labor management seminars offer keys to success in times of labor uncertainty
UC Cooperative Extension will hold workshops in Temecula Feb. 1 and 2 to help California agricultural employers facing many challenges including labor shortages, wage & hour laws, joint liability, worker safety, workers comp insurance, and...