UCCE Local Job Openings
POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
University of California Cooperative Extension Central Sierra
Family Nutrition Educator/Community Education Specialist II position
Amador / Calaveras counties
The University of California Cooperative Extension Central Sierra MCP is recruiting for a Family Nutrition Educator/Community Education Specialist II (CESII) position. The CESII will perform the full range of program implementation duties for the UC CalFresh Nutrition Education Program as a staff member with UC Cooperative Extension – Central Sierra. The CESII will be responsible for the coordination, management, and delivery of nutrition education to low-income adults and youth. This includes training, guiding, and supporting volunteer extenders with nutrition education information and resources; direct teaching of adults and youth utilizing UC CalFresh curriculum; evaluating program implementation; collecting and compiling enrollment, documentation, and evaluation data; and building and maintaining an informal network of partners. Successful candidates for this position are required to speak, read and write both Spanish and English.
To view the complete job announcement and to apply please click on the link below:
Job requirements include:
- Associate degree in a related field and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Working knowledge of departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of nutrition education program content and objectives.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Working knowledge of delivering community educational programs.
- Working knowledge of conducting needs assessment.
- Good analytical skills to understand how low-income adult and youth needs can be addressed through the development and delivery of programs.
- Good reading, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Good presentation skills.
- Proficient in use of Windows-based computer with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience teaching and working with a diverse youth, adult and volunteer audience.
- Familiarity with schools and community-based agencies serving CalFresh eligible adults and youth.
- Bachelors degree in Nutrition, Education or a related field (Preferred, not required)
For additional information or to apply for the position: https://jobs.ucop.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=58013
CLOSING DATE FOR POSITION: February 6, 2015
For more information: contact Wendy West, UCCE-CS/CalFresh Nutrition Ed Program Manager email@example.com, 530.621.5533.