Safety & Insurance
Facility Use Agreements
Facility Use Agreement are required when using private property and public property that requires scheduling or a reservation. The 4-H office will help complete this process with the site.
- Facility Use Agreement Form for Private Residences*
*This should be used by leaders who have meetings in their home or on their property.
- To initiate a Facility Use Agreement for Club or County Events, submit a request with the Central Sierra 4-H Facilities Use Agreement Request for Club and County Events form.
- To initiate a Facility Use Agreement for Club or Project Meetings, submit a request with the Central Sierra 4-H Facilities Use Agreement Request for Club and Project Meetings form.
All aspects of every 4-H YDP must be designed to meet the needs of and to be accessible to all participants without discrimination. Reasonable accommodations must be made to allow members and adult volunteers with disabilities to participate.
Incident Report Forms must be filled out and returned to the County 4-H Office within twenty-four (24) hours of the incident.
Hartford Accident Insurance
Covers our members and leaders for accidents and sickness during 4-H activities. All claims are reviewed and approved by the 4-H Office before sending them in to The Hartford.
Clover Safe Notes are one page summaries of relevant safety information about specific topics. Clover Safe notes are purposefully designed for their intended audience of 4-H staff, volunteers and members. Clover Safe notes are intended to be used while connected to the web site or may be downloaded, printed, and handed out at 4-H activities and project meetings.
Many 4-H programs, projects, and events incorporate activities that inherently have various risks for injuries or disease exposures to both 4-H YDP volunteers and members. Information given in this manual has been developed for use by 4-H volunteers and members and is intended to provide initial guidance for implementing practices and procedures to reduce the risk of sustaining injuries or illnesses while participating in 4-H sponsored programs, projects, and events.
Other Safety Guides:
Other Safety Resources
Emergency/Disaster Planning Resources
Project Safety and Risk Management Planning Tool
- Project Safety-Risk Plan (Word form)
- Project Safety-Risk Plan (pdf form)
- Project Safety-Risk Plan (example cooking)
- Project Safety-Risk Plan (example crafts)
- Project Safety-Risk Plan (example drill press)
- Project Safety-Risk Plan (example nature walk)
- Project Safety-Risk Plan (example sheep)
- Project Safety-Risk Plan (example water sports)
- Training Outline - Safety and Risk Management for Project Leaders
Other Documents and Links