Tree Mortality: Master Gardener Tool Kit
The Toolkit is designed to give Master Gardener Volunteers resources for extending research based information on the tree mortality issue in California
The following presentations were given at the training. MGs are welcome to use and modify any of the presentations material below. In addition to the full presentations, we have developed a template presentation that incorporates all of the material into a single presentation.
Replanting after bark beetle mortality at the neighborhood scale, Susie Kocher, Forestry Advisor, UCCE Central Sierra.
Bark Beetles in California, Beverly Bulaon, Entomologist, USFS Stanislaus Forest
Forest Mortality & Regeneration: Life after Beetle, Jodi Axelson, Forest Health Specialist, UCANR
Landscape Trees & Climate Change, Igor Lacan, Environmental Horticulture Advisor, UCCE San Mateo/San Francisco Bay area
Reforestation Basics, Mark Egbert, District Manager, El Dorado and Georgetown Resource Conservation District
California Forest Improvement Program - Key Concepts for Landowners, Mary Huggins & Zsolt Katay, Forestry Assistance Specialists, CalFire
Resources for Tree Mortality
- Tree Mortality Task Force website - look under Reports and Deliverables for specific information.
- Ready for Wildfire Organizations: Bark Beetles and Dead Trees webpage
- Tree Mortality Viewer website
- Bark Beetles in California: Are Your Trees Susceptible?
- Bark Beetles, UC IPM, UC ANR Publication 7421
- California Forest Improvement Program (CFIP)
- California Forest Improvement Program Fact Sheet
- UCCE Central Sierra Master Gardeners - What to Plant After Tree Loss brochure