Tree Mortality: Train the Trainer Presentations
Agenda & Presentations
Replanting after bark beetle mortality at the neighborhood scale, Susie Kocher, Forestry advisor, UCCE Central Sierra
Bark beetles in California, Beverly Bulaon, Entomologist, USFS Stanislaus Forest
- Bark Beetles in California: Are Your Trees Susceptible?
- Bark Beetles, UC IPM, UC ANR Publication 7421
Forest succession after bark beetles in British Columbia, Jody Axelson, Forest Health Specialist, UCANR
Climate Change & Forest Genetics, Jessica Wright, Research Geneticist, USFS PSW Research
Landscape trees & climate change - selection and management, Igor Lacan, Environmental Horticulture Advisor,UCCE San Mateo/San Francisco Bay area
Site Preparation, Replanting, and follow up – Seedling Program, Mark Egbert, District Manager, El Dorado and Georgetown RCD
Overview of CalFIRE Program, Mary Huggins, Forestry Assistance Specialist, CalFire
Resources for Tree Mortality
- Tree Mortality Task Force website - look under Reports and Deliverables for specific information.
- Ready for Wildfire Organizations: Bark Beetles and Dead Trees webpage
- Tree Mortality Viewer website