School Nutrition Education Program
As the main component of the Food Stamp Nutrition Education Program (FSNEP), the School Nutrition Education Program provides support and resource material to pre-school through sixth grade teachers in low-income schools. The program delivers nutrition and physical activity education to the classrooms.
The main purpose of this program is to help students learn to make healthy lifestyles changes for long-term benefits!
What does this program offer?
- Free nutrition education, physical activity, and school gardening curricula is offered to qualifying teachers. All curriculum has been approved by educators and is linked to the California Content Standards in Language Arts, Math and Science.
- Training workshops are available to assist with the implementation of nutrition and physical activity education curriculum.
- There are resources and tools for classroom support, cafeteria and school gardening activities available to qualifying schools.
- Natalie Alfaro-Perez ~ Family Nutrition Educator ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gretchen Birtwhistle ~ FSNEP Educator ~ email@example.com
- Madison Jones ~ Family Nutrition Educator ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hector Ochoa ~ Family Nutrition Educator ~ email@example.com
- Valerie Vasile ~ Nutrition Educator ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wendy West ~ CalFresh Nutrition Education Program Manager ~ email@example.com