Hero Image


All proposed fundraising activities of 4-H units and VMOs must be submitted to the UCCE county office for approval by the regional coordinator using Form 8.7 Fundraising Approval. No funraising efforts may begin until approval is given.

The county staff are responsible for assuring fundraising activities are in compliance with applicable policies.

This page is designed to help 4-H members and volunteers understand fundraising in 4-H YDP better.

Branding Toolkit

Use the branding toolkit to make sure you are in compliance with the USDA and UC ANR's branding requirements for all fundraising marketing materials.

UC ANR 4-H Branding Toolkit

Fundraising for a Service Learning Project

4-H service-learning combines service and learning objectives with the intent that the activity changes both the recipient and the provider of the service. It involves active learning - drawing lessons from the experience of performing service work.

For more information and tools for Service Learning projects visit the UC 4-H YDP Service Learning Projects page

Facility Use Agreements

If you are holding your fundraiser anywhere an existing facility Use Agreement is not in place, the UCCE Office will need to obtain a facility use agreement form the owner or legal custodian. The UCCE Central Sierra County director is the only county-based administrator authorized to execute license agreements. All FUA's should name 'The Regents of the University of California' as the Licensor.

Under no circumstances should 4-H YDP staff, adult volunteers or members sign FUA’s for any type of 4-H YDP activities. 

To initiate a Facility Use Agreement for your fundraiser, submit a request with the Central Sierra 4-H Facilities Use Agreement Request for Club and County Events form.


Temporary Food Permit

If you are selling food as pat of your fundraiser, most likely you will need to obtain a temporary food permit from your county's Environmental Health Department. Each county has it's own requirements for Temporary Food Permits.

Amador Non-Profit Registration Packet


El Dorado Non-Profit Registration Packet


Food Safety Certification

The State 4-H Office requires that every club have at least one 4-H leader trained in Food Safety.  It is required that a certified volunteer is to be present for any food preparation for food being served or sold to the public to make sure proper food safety guidelines are handled.  Food Safety trainings are available anytime online! 

Please visit the ServSafe website and use the provided sign-in/user information:


The ServSafe training is valid for 3 years and is a widely recognized certificate that meets California requirements for food handlers. 

The training cost is $15 per person and we suggest that clubs/councils/management boards pay this fee for their volunteers. 

Additional Resources:

UC ANR Environmental Health & Safety Food Safety Education webpage