Volunteering with UCCE
Live Scan Process for New Volunteers
Fingerprint Clearance from the Department of Justice
All UCCE Volunteers (Master Gardener trainees, Master Food Preserver trainees, and 4-H Volunteers) need to be fingerprinted and pass a Department of Justice background check. Each entity requesting your fingerprints has their own reporting number; this is why you must complete this process even if you have been cleared by another organization in the past. Download the form for your county residence and UCCE Program below.
If you have lived in California less than 2 years: please mark the FBI box in addition to the DOJ box for the level of service. See Live Scan Instructions for full details. If you have trouble using the form, save it to your computer to complete.
UCCE 4-H Volunteers
- Amador County 4-H Live Scan Form
- Calaveras County 4-H Live Scan Form
- El Dorado County 4-H Live Scan Form
- Tuolumne County 4-H Live Scan Form
UCCE Master Food Preserver or Master Gardener Volunteers (trainees)
- Amador County Master Food Preserver/Master Gardener Live Scan Form
- Calaveras County Master Food Preserver/Master Gardener Live Scan Form
- El Dorado County Master Food Preserver/Master Gardener Live Scan Form
- El Dorado County Lake Tahoe Basin Master Gardener Live Scan Form
- Tuolumne County Master Food Preserver/Master Gardener Live Scan Form
UCCE CalFresh Volunteers
- Amador County CalFresh Live Scan Form
- Calaveras County CalFresh Live Scan Form
- El Dorado County CalFresh West Slope Live Scan Form
- El Dorado County CalFresh Lake Tahoe Live Scan Form
- Tuolumne County CalFresh Live Scan Form
Where to Get Fingerprinted
Use the information above or you can go to your local police departments, sheriff’s office or public applicant Live Scan sites. You can find a site near you by going to https://oag.ca.gov/fingerprints/locations. You do not need to go to a site in your home county if another site is more convenient.
What to Bring to Live Scan Appointment
- Photo ID
- Form of payment
- Request for Live Scan Services form (middle section completed)
Submit ATI# after Live Scan Appointment
The Live Scan operator will fill out the bottom section of your form and provide you with a copy. Submit your ATI# to UCCE Staff for processing: https://forms.gle/D7Mf3LZh6NaDwXkZA
For more details download the Live Scan Instructions.